Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Healthy Mexican Mince

This is by no means a recipe for a gourmet meal - but it's simple, quick, easy and healthy. The boy and I eat pretty healthily on the whole, but lately we've been trying to step it up a bit, and improve things we usually cook.



To make it I brown 250g of  lean organic mince, and then add a whole heap of chopped and grated vegetables. Tonight I added a large onion, diced, a clove of garlic, crushed, and a grated carrot and zuchinni (sometimes I add quite a few). The veges make the mince go further and of course, are good for you! To flavour the mince I add a can of organic crushed tomatoes and a tablespoon of home made taco seasoning that contains only spices and no salt or preservatives.

Then what to do with the mince is up to you! You can serve it wrapped in whole wheat tortillas, top it with mashed avocado and eat it with corn chips as nachos or do what I did tonight, and eat it straight from the bowl with a little low-fat melted cheese on top.



Yum!

I like this mince because it's low in fat, has no salt added to it and contains lots of veges - try it and see what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment